5/02/2009

Hanami

Hi! I'm ZIPPO!
I can't speak English.
Be nice to me!

We Japanese love cherry blossoms.
Cherry blossoms are very beautiful and enbody Japanese spring.
They burst open, and about only one week after, they burst out.
This short period makes us love cherry blossoms, I think.

"Hanami" is a party under cherry blossoms with drinking.
Its literal meaning is "viewing flowers", though.

I was not able to do "Hanami" this year.
However, I went to the nearby park to see cherry blossoms with the husband at night.
We bought the rice ball in a convenience store on the way.
And, I ate the rice ball under the cherry blossoms tree.
Cherry blossoms at night are "Yozakura" in Japanese.
"Yozakura" is very wonderful.
The moon and "Yozakura" were very beautiful.

Yozakura

If you come to Japan someday, I think it good for you to come in the cherry blossom season.

No comments: